Last week I attended a little champagne-filled soiree at the Wild Olive store in Cape Quarter to launch their new limited edition Table Mountain collection (which was inspired by our very own natural wonder of the world of course).
Some people on the scene included Tori from Kiss, Blush and Tell – who I know from reading her blog is a HUGE fan of Wild Olive:
Tori also recently became a property owner and I’ve really been enjoying her updates on the look she’s creating for her new home. It’s been inspiring me to not give up on what I’m trying to achieve at my own place, as frustrating as it has been.
Then l also got to chat to some of the lovely ladies behind the Wild Olive brand. Below from left to right we have Carmen who manages the retail side, Caterina who does all the packaging design and Karen who manages the marketing & business side.
Now this was my first official introduction to the Wild Olive brand. Things which really stood out for me right off the bat were that:
- This is a Cape Town based brand. Hell yeah! Cause all cool things originate from this beautiful city.
- Their ranges are created with proudly African botanicals.
- The products are totally environmentally friendly. 100% hand crafted, using organic ingredients & recyclable materials.
- They support community development with their partnership with the Imizamo Yethu Crafters program where they teach crafting and help crafters to manufacture & sell products to grow a sustainable income.
I think it’s thanks to companies like Wild Olive that we are now more likely to take a step back to question our spending habits and their possible negative impact on the world around us, and that’s really awesome in my book.
Now let’s take a closer look at the Table Mountain range. There are 4 products to choose from:
- Shea body butter
- Rejuvenating eye balm
- Revitalising olive oil soap & porcelain soap dish
- Lightly scented botanical candle
* Prices are specific to this limited edition collection due to all the extra work, love & care that’s gone into it. Normal prices range from R50 for their body soap to R345 for a body butter.
These beauties come gorgeously packaged in hand painted porcelain jars with black pencil & gold leaf detailing. And then to keep them snug as a bug, they also each have a little South African Merino sheep wool pouch. Looooove the attention to detail ladies.
As I’ve just booked a holiday in Mozambique and am therefore feeling a bit “cash sensitive”, I couldn’t snap up any goodies for myself. But luckily the ladies at Wild Olive had me totally covered with a heavenly goodie bag filled with mini treats:
I am looking forward to giving all of them a test drive. Wanna do the same? If you’re in Cape Town, check out their two stores:
Shop 29, Piazza Shopping Level,
Cape Quarter Lifestyle Village
Shop L43A, Lower Ground Floor,
Not in Cape Town? Or hate missioning to the shops? No problem! Just check out their online store.
Oh and remember, if you want to spoil yourself or someone close to you with an item from the Table Mountain range, you’ve gotta act fast cause there are only a limited number available of each. Once they’re sold out – they’re gone forever and ever and ever.