I’m very excited about this one. I couldn’t make it to last year’s Pinotage on Tap wine festival which takes place every year at the Diemersfontein wine estate, but nothing’s going to stop me this year. It’s just plain awesome!
It’s taking place on Sat, 13 October and tickets cost R320. That might seem a bit steep to some but just check out what you get for your hard earned cash:
- A goodie bag with snacks and stuff upon arrival
- Never-ending Pinotage flowing from taps all over the place!!! Like seriously, this is no over exaggeration. You simply keep filling up your glass to your heart’s content.
- Then some more snacks, followed by lunch and a chocolate fountain dessert spread. Hell yeah…
- AND as if all of that wasn’t already enough, you also get to watch some live bands. This year’s line-up promises electro swing duo Goodluck, brilliant guitarist Albert Frost & blues artist Gerald Clark.
My top tips for surviving the day:
- Wear dark clothing. Pinotage stains like a bitch.
- Don’t overdo it early on. Pace yourself. I know you’re gonna wanna go crazy when you see all that Pinotage up for grabs, but you don’t want to be the person who passes out before lunchtime and misses out on all the action.
To get there, opt for the POT Bus which will take you from Cape Town there & back. That way you don’t have to worry about organising a designated Dave or something. Or even better, make a weekend of it. The Diemersfontein people have put together a little package deal which sounds pretty damn good. For more info on the bus & weekend package – click on over here.
I know this might seem too far in the future to worry about now, but trust me, these tickets sell like hot cakes, so get yourselves over to Computicket now to ensure you don’t miss out.