If you’re a regular reader, you should know that La Mouette in Sea Point is one of my most loved Cape Town dining spots. My favourite thing of theirs is the 6 course tasting menu they do for R165 which changes on a monthly basis. It is always the most amazing food journey you can imagine and it’s one thing that keeps me going back again and again to see what suprises the next menu will hold.
Now get this: One lucky My Love Affair with Cape Town reader will win the following:
- 2 x R165 August tasting menus
- A bottle of wine (selected by the La Mouette team for you on the night)
How amazing is that!? But wait, you don’t even know what the August tasting menu looks like:
- Truffle and cheese croquettes roasted garlic aioli
- Caramelized onion soup thyme beurre noisette and grilled garlic croute
- Herb crusted line fish Waldorf salad, grapes, radish, apple jelly, celery puree
** Vegetarian option: Winter vegetable salad citrus jelly, walnuts, beetroot and goats cheese ‘ravioli’
- Confit lamb shoulder butternut squash risotto, brioche croutons and smoked onion foam
** Vegetarian option: Butternut squash risotto brioche croutons and smoked onion foam
- Coffee crème caramel caramel jelly, praline and hazelnut foam
- White chocolate and macha green tea macaroon passion fruit gel, coconut sorbet, lime leaf cream
Sounds sooooooo good right?
All you have to do is send a tweet on Twitter, make sure you include both myself (@ctmylove) and La Mouette (@teamlamouette) and tell us which dish from the August menu you’re most looking forward to trying. Entries will close at 9am next Friday, 10 Aug after which I will do a draw to select the winner. The winner will be announced by 12pm on that Friday here on my blog and on Twitter.
*** Sorry forgot to add earlier: Also use the following hashtag #AugustMenuComp. If you’ve already entered, don’t worry – still counts! This just makes it easier for me to identify them. ***
To get an idea of what you’re in for, go check out my review of their June tasting menu here. I also went back to try their July tasting menu which was absolutely excellent and you can bet your ass I’m going in for the August one too.
Good luck guys!
PS. Obviously you’ve gotta be based in Cape Town or at least plan on being in Cape Town during August to claim this prize. And only one entry per person will count.