Later today I’m heading out to the Cloof Wine Estate in Darling for this year’s Rocking the Daisies music festival…
This is what’s on my mind at present:
Oh and this…
Yup. 3 days of abandon, debauchery, craziness & a general level of pure awesome. Will this year’s adventures surpass the 2010 “Pistol tattoo on my chest” moment (luckily it was only a temp – sjoe) or the 2011 “I accidentally dunked my camera in my Pina Colada” incident… hmmmm, who knows… but one thing I do know is that I’m pretty damn excited to find out!
But of course an expedition like this requries some careful packing & preperations. These are my festival essentials:
- Even though I hear it’s going to be cold-as-ballz out there, sun protection is still a must.
- On the topic of sun protection, a pair of really cheap sunglasses is a wise option. Because trust me, you WILL lose that designer pair of yours. My festival shades of choice came curtousy of Elle magazine. Thanks guys!
- Glow sticks… 50 tubes with connectors… hoping I got enough.
- Stickers, cause you never know when that burst of creativity will hit you.
- I bright lumo vest. Lumo stuffs and festivals go hand in hand, it’s a fact.
- Hipster glasses for moments when you need to blend in.
- Baby wipes to keep those arm pitts smelling fresh y’all.
- Kevin the monkey (he just loooooves music festivals).
- Water bottles – not for water, but for your drinks mix. No glass allowed on the festival grounds.
Then ja maybe you need something warm, a tent and a sleeping bag or something. But these are not key. Especially if you drink enough.
I’ve got some posts scheduled for those who still require a bit of reading. To all those also heading to RTD, good luck and here’s to making it out the other side in one piece. To those who will not be doing the great trek to Darling, hope you have a rocking weekend whatever your plans might be.