Last Thu eve I popped into my much loved local laundromat come dim sum bar slash art exhibition space & wine club, I ♥ My Laundry. (Yes that’s right - all that stuff happens in one awesome space – if you’ve missed my previous post about it and therefore don’t have the background info, you can check it out over here)
The evening was a bit of a bloggers “do” to celebrate Summer, which is almost almost here (like every few days we get a teensy glimpse of it), and also to discover some great products which will have us looking & feeling great this season.
The first was some tasty creations by Jorgensen’s Distillery. We had a selection of mini cocktails containing their Primitiv Vodka, their Naked Lemon Limoncello (I loooove Limoncello btw) and then a spicy little number that is their chilli infused vodka – it had quite a bite, but I actually really liked that about it. I also had a small taste of their Field of Dreams Absinthe which is not something for the faint-hearted, that I can guarantee you. Sjoe!
To snack on, we were treated to yummy muesli & yoghurt servings with fresh toppings like ginger, Turkish delight, gooseberries and dried fruits. This might seem like a weird choice for canapes, but you see this is because I ♥ My Laundry is launching a muesli bar for summer which will be open from 7am every morning. You will be able to build your very own muesli bowl from a wide variety of options at the bar and it will make for the perfect quick snack when you drop off your laundry before work. This is of course in addition to their already popular dim sum special (8 pieces of dim sum with either a coffee or a glass of wine for only R40) which will still be ongoing.
- Europa Art‘s new summer shoe collection. Loved those soft pink peep-toe heels… even more than the cake pops next to them… and believe me, that’s quite an achievement with me being a total sugar addict and all.
- Pretty, girly “dreamwear” by La Ninna Nanna – the name means “lullaby” in Italian. Love that. Check out their website www.sleepinme.com for more.
- Yummy organic choccie from Cocoa Fair - they are Africa’s only organic bean-to-bar chocolate factory founded on social entrepreneurship and you can check out their factory at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock.
- Then we learnt all about Bellabaci cups for both your body & face. I was immediately intrigued when we were told about the great cellulite busting benefits as well as it’s anti-aging and deep cleansing benefits for your face. I’m definitely going to be putting these babies to the test over the next few weeks. Cup away!
- Beautifully pampered tootsies are obviously a must with your sexy summer sandals. And for that, Medi-Heel totally has your back. Medi-heel is a spa exclusive range of products which is used at all the Camelot & Life Day Spas. If you go for a Medi-Heel pedi you won’t have a therapist hacking at your dry skin for ages, intead their products acts like a little chemical peel for your feet, doing all the hard work while you just sit back & relax. We each got a bottle of their Rejuvenating Gold Spritz to take home. This baby adds a beautiful sparkle to your feet & legs which means you’ll have even more reason to show them off.
- Last, but certainly not least, we were introduced to Bisousoleil sun & bronzing products. Their tanning products work in a way that simply adds to your natual pigment which ensures that you get a very natural look. They’ve also added a little summin’ extra in the form of toning & anti-cellulite ingredients to help you looking your best. We got a cute little hydrating eye gel to take home – perfect to use after a long day at the beach I think.
There were some really great prizes up for grabs as well. I won some La Ninna Lanna sleepwear thanks to having the “most sriking neck piece”… I immediately blurted out that it was a cheapie from Mr P which apparently isn’t something I was supposed to admit to. Haha. But I blame it on my PE roots. It’s common knowledge that PE folks love a good deal AND love bragging about it to everyone even more. ALSO, the lovely Ritza – the fabulous lady of Elrico from Luxo blog – was rocking the exact same Mr P find:
But she had already won a prize for having the most fabulous shoes:
A huge thanks to Clayton, Mico & Susan – aka the I ♥ Love My Laundry team – for always being so incredibly warm & welcoming. Love you guys. Then also to the lovely Jeanne Cupido from Stiletto Adventures who organised the evening.
Another successful laundry party done & dusted.