I’ve raved about La Mouette and their amazing 6 course tasting menus plenty of times… why? Cause they’re always soooooo good. This past weekend I tried their Spring tasting menu and as usual it did not disappoint.
This is just a quick post to try and tempt you into trying it for yourself… cause I’m evil like that.
We kicked off with:
- Pea soup mint oil, confit onion, yoghurt, cheese and truffle croquettes (below left)
- Salt and pepper prawns artichoke puree, brioche croutons, rocket, pecorino, tomato and truffle dressing (below bottom)
- Pan-fried line fish char-grilled green beans, dry roasted hazelnuts, ricotta, hollandaise (below right)
Then moved on to:
- Moroccan style lamb confit shoulder, crispy pastilla, smoked aubergine puree, tomato harissa (below top left)
- Apple and custard custard panacotta, green apple foam, warm cinnamon doughnut (below right)
- Lemon meringue pie lemon curd, marshmallows, short bread, lemon grass and lime leaf ice cream (below bottom left)
Of course as always, they have a vegetarian menu as well. So for courses 2, 3 & 4 you’d swap out for the following:
- Jerusalem artichoke salad salt and pepper Artichoke, puree, crisps, brioche croutons, rocket, pecorino
- Beans & ricotta char-grilled green beans, dry roasted hazelnuts, ricotta, hollandaise
- Butternut squash risotto brioche croutons and smoked onion foam
Every dish was like a beautiful little piece of art and the flavours were insanely good. So for that, this menu gets a Miss K Kiss-o-Meter rating of:
Loved every crumb and wanted to lick my plate clean! There’s certainly a damn good reason why this restaurant remains one of my favourites. The Spring menu only costs R185, so it’s a really really good deal and to make a reservation, you can just call them on 021 433 0856.